Sunday, September 2, 2007

Emma's Baby Blessing


We blessed Emma today in our ward. She was so good during the blessing and just about the whole day (I think she got sick of the attention about an hour ago). Bert gave a beautiful blessing and we had many family members and friends who came and participated.




Just a word about the dress she is wearing. My great-grandmother made it sometime around 1906. My grandmother, mother, and myself were all blessed in it not to mention some aunts and cousins. Emma is the first of the 4th generation to wear it and she looked gorgeous, the picture just doesn't do it justice.

Just for kicks, here's a picture of my great-grandma Carlson who made the dress.

8 comments:

JS said...

Liz,

Emma looks like a doll in the first picture. She is SO cute. I love that you have a tradition in your family like the blessing dress. What a story you can tell her. Love it. You look great too for just having a baby.

ecuakim said...

Okay, I second all that Jen said. It's so beautiful!! So delicate. Wow. I'm so impressed!!! What a wonderful thing, baby blessings. Clark screamed his way through his! Yeah, pretty typical of him. How sweet that Emma was good for hers!

M said...

Emma is such a sweetie. I tease Ben all the time that I got to kiss on HIS niece before him. I wish I would have known about the blessing. That is an awesome tradition.

John M said...

Liz,

Emma is beautiful in that dress. I remember well how beautiful you were in that dress when you wore it. Emma looks just as nice in it. I am glad she was so good on her special day.

Love,
Dad

Auntie Anne said...

Liz and Bert,

She is just soooo beautiful (just like her Mama; or is it her Auntie Anne). I can't wait to see her on Thanksgiving. My last Chemo will be that week but NOTHING will stop me from being there. I'm just so sorry I was sick when she was born.

I love you all,

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we are so glad that we got to be there and Sheldon was able to participate. It was so special. We love your little family and feel so lucky to be close by. (soon even closer!) And yeah, Liz bounced right back and looks amazing!

Mel said...

What a beautiful dress. We wish we could have been there.

The Evans Family said...

Emma is so beautiful. We are sorry we couldn't be there. Love you all!