Sunday, January 30, 2011

Girls' Trip

On MLK weekend Bert was wonderful enough to watch the kids while I flew to...

Seattle. And had a marvelous time. My friend Michelle and her family lives just outside of the city. Her husband was also wonderful and watched their son while we had a girls' day.

We walked Pike Place Market, had a conversation with a stranger about European cars (this trip was all about talking to strangers), and thought about getting hot chocolate at Starbucks until we saw the line. So we went next door to Seattle's Best Coffee. We hiked down Alaskan Way along the docks and ate some good fish and chips (but not at Iver's if you were wondering). We saw Ye Olde Curiosity Shop, it's collection of shrunken heads, and met Bernard (another stranger). We took the ferry to Bainbridge Island, and had a random lady in the bathroom yell at Michelle for calling me fat (which if you've seen me you'd know that Michelle either needs glasses or was being completely sarcastic).

Us on the ferry (yes, it was raining the whole time).

Sunday we did church and gorged ourselves on homemade doughnuts, Michelle's spaghetti, and lots of brownies and ice cream. Monday we went for a walk in Federal Way en route to the airport. It looks deceptively sunny and warm. We were freezing.


Thank you Michelle for showing me a great time. I think girls' trip is now going to be an annual event.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

WoooHOOO!!! So fun! I'm so glad you came! I definitely think it should be an annual event!

Michelle said...

PS--- A Note To Blog Readers: I was totally kidding when I called Liz fat. I think she is slender and beautiful! I do not endorse calling people fat and learned my lesson thanks to the strange lady that went on about it for like 10 minutes.