Emma's first day of preschool was today. We've been talking about it for awhile and she was pretty excited. Last week they had an open house to come see the preschool and meet their teachers. Ms. Tonya is Emma's teacher and she gave her a picture to take home, color, and bring back her first day of class.

Of course it rained last night and was quite humid this morning resulting in Emma's complete fro of a hairdo. Nothing I did would tame it. Oh well, at least she doesn't care. Drop off was a piece of cake. At first she asked if I could come inside and play with her. No, I told her, Kaylie and I have to go home. Well, she said, will you come back to pick me up? I laughed and said yes and she trotted straight in without looking back.
I had originally thought that preschoolers don't need a backpack. Apparently they do. All the little classmates had one and Emma brought home her art project in a plastic bag the teacher gave her. So after Emma talked about backpacks all afternoon and how she was supposed to hang them up in her classroom, we went out to buy one. Only took two stores to find one that wasn't an advertisement for Nickelodeon.

It is practically twice her size, but she is after all the size of a 2 year old. She loved it so much she insisted on leaving it on while laying on the couch to watch a movie.

Kaylie couldn't have been happier to have the house to herself. This is from a couple weeks ago. Showing off her teeth and big toe. What a cutie!

A couple other things Emma has been up to. I must multi-task a little too often. She made herself a play dinner then sat down with it to work on her play laptop.

And her first attempt at writing her name, with zero prompting from me. I was actually inside while she was out playing with chalk. Not bad!
3 comments:
SO CUTE and SO FUN! How long and how often does she get to go?
I bet it is so nice to have a few hours with only Kaylie!
There's a special connection between pre-schoolers and their 1st backpack! Cute Emma!
Too cute!! Emma's handwriting is awesome for her age. She reminds me of Sarah.
I love the backpack.
William is doing preschool at home with me and loving having me all to himself all day. He's become my little shadow.
I bet Kaylie loves getting all the attention. She is so cute with her toothy grin.
Love you guys!
--Tiff
Post a Comment